This solution specifically enables instant information exchange through an interactive platform that can be used for tutoring, conferencing or meeting purposes. Through this platform, students can receive tutoring and experience instant problem-solving without having to travel far. Students who have limited transport or access opportunities can really benefit from this. A network stretching across the borders between South Africa and Namibia has been set up using this technology. This allows students to interact with internationally renowned lecturers. Corporates can also utilise it for workshops or for meeting facilities. Current centres include Windhoek, Ongwediva, Rundu and Katima Mulilo. These facilities may also be rented.
The SmartBoard is an interactive tool that uses touch detection for user input and a projector is used to display a computer's video output on the Interactive Whiteboard, which then acts as a large touch screen. The large touch-sensitive screen works with a computer and a data projector to provide immediate access to a wide range of digital materials. Using a finger or a pen on the screen, educators and students can access and control any computer application, file or multimedia platform, including the Internet, CD-ROMs and DVDs. It is designed to give users access to digital materials in meetings and lectures, and make interacting with one’s notes a more intuitive and engaging experience.
BENEFITS OF THE INTERACTIVE WHITEBOARD
- Allows for easy access to information regardless of location.
- Allows one to schedule meetings.
- Enables lecturers to connect, share and collaborate with other users remotely or locally.
- Enables instant problem-solving for students via contact with and tutoring from the lecturer.
- Provides access internationally to lecturers, fellow students and other parties located across the world.